Indigo ELN: The Open-Source Chemistry Electronic Lab Notebook
- Why Select Indigo ELN as Your Chemistry ELN?
- Core Indigo ELN Package
- GGA's Open-Source Products to Complement Indigo ELN
- Support and Development
- Download and Install
- Commercial Availability
Professional. Proven. Free.
GGA Software Services LLC has received an exclusive license from Pfizer Inc. to create and distribute an open-source version of Pfizer's internal chemistry electronic lab notebook, known as CeN, and Indigo ELN is the resulting open-source version that is available for your use, integration, and customization.
Benefiting from the considerable investment by Pfizer in its internal chemistry ELN, Indigo ELN provides scientists with a proven way to create, store, retrieve, and share electronic records of chemistry information in ways that meet all legal, regulatory, technical, and scientific requirements.
Indigo ELN allows scientists to prepare, plan, and analyze experiments, access relevant information, and develop new methods in the areas of synthetic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and process chemistry.
Through the use of Indigo ELN, you can upgrade your existing ELN with a proven and tested open-source platform, and you can do it at no charge.
Indigo ELN combines the best of both worlds: an application developed and refined at Pfizer and tested by thousands of chemists there, and an open-source application that is available at no cost.
Why Select Indigo ELN as Your Chemistry ELN?
- The core Indigo ELN product is free of charge, as it is distributed under an open-source license, GNU General Public License, Version 3.
- Total integration costs are much less than the licensing costs of commercial products.
- Indigo ELN represents a leading cost-effective alternative to commercial ELN products.
- Indigo ELN is an established Java-based solution with multi-tier architecture. It is based on Pfizer's internal chemistry ELN.
Proven solution developed and used by Pfizer for years
- Indigo ELN is based on Pfizer's internal chemistry ELN, which has been developed and improved by Pfizer over many years. In this way, Indigo ELN benefits from the input from thousands of Pfizer users regarding user interface, workflows, and core functionalities.
- Changes in the core application were driven by feedback from chemists in Pfizer's Global Research and Development organization.
Integration with external systems
- The core Indigo ELN product is shipped with the basic services included.
- GGA is available to implement any requested services and to integrate the solution with your infrastructure.
- Indigo ELN will integrate seamlessly with Pfizer's services. All of the data in Indigo ELN will be recognized by Pfizer's services and databases.
Core Indigo ELN Package
The package provides the main functionality of Pfizer's internal chemistry ELN without using any proprietary Pfizer services or commercial third-party products, which were removed as part of putting the ELN into the open-source community.
The core Indigo ELN package includes:
- Database tier – Oracle database (future releases will support GGA's open-source molecular search cartridge Bingo© and MS SQL database).
- Core user interface for creation of singleton experiments and conception records.
- Major services:
- Basic functionality and user interfaces for creating, describing, and managing singleton experiments and concept records.
- Basic signature service to sign and witness experiments.
- Reaction rendering and chemical properties calculation based on GGA's open-source cheminformatics engine Indigo©.
- Compound registration and structure search services
- Support both Ketcher (GGA's open-source editor) and ISIS Draw for structure editing
- APIs to integrate with existing customer services and databases.
GGA is available to support customers in integrating Indigo ELN with their services and databases, as well as in creating new services.
GGA's Open-Source Products to Complement Indigo ELN
GGA is available to integrate GGA's open-source products and other open-source products with the core functionality of Indigo ELN. In this way, Indigo ELN becomes a complete solution:
- Search in the Indigo ELN database by using GGA's molecular search cartridge Bingo© for Oracle databases.
- Integration with GGA's chemistry drawing tool Ketcher©.
- Basic compound and batch registration service (these can be adapted to meet your requirements).
Indigo ELN has the following immediate functionality:
- Browse, view, and search experiments
- Create and set up a singleton experiments and concept record page
- Set up to run experiments and record results
- Sign and witness experiments
- Attach documents
- Print reports and access offline.
- Register and submit batches automatically
- Structure and reaction search in Indigo ELN.
Indigo ELN will have the following functionality after integration with the corresponding services:
- Upload analytical information
- Retrieve analytical information
As one of the world's leading scientific informatics outsourcing companies, GGA is available to provide your organization with any integration and customization services to add functionality to Indigo ELN.
Support and Development
GGA will provide you with customization, integration, support, and maintenance services for Indigo ELN and will price those services based on your individual needs.
Major factors affecting the service pricing include:
- Environment requirements (operating systems, existing services)
- Scope of services to be implemented or integrated
- Number of users per site
- Number of sites
- User requirements (additional features to be developed for the core version).
Download and Install
Please go to the Downloads page for the installation package suitable for your system. There is an installer for Windows and zipfiles for Linux, which you can unpack into /usr/local/bin or /opt directory, or into your home directory.
For installation instructions, see the Installation Guide.
Indigo ELN is free software: You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 3 of the License.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should receive a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If you did not, please see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
If the GPL-licensed Indigo ELN does not satisfy your needs, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss the possibility of a commercial license.
We hope that you decide to download and use Indigo ELN. At GGA, we are available to help you install, use, integrate, customize, and support and maintain Indigo ELN.