Glass Information System
The client required the development of a web-based and desktop information system for glass research and development.
GGA developed a glass materials database product that has become the world standard for glass information. This development effort involved GGA's software engineers, algorithm developers, and content developers in a joint effort to create the database system, implement and refine glass property algorithms, and analyze the technical literature and extract appropriate information for inclusion in the database.
- Database of more than 200,000 glass materials.
- Over 1 million properties in 70 property categories with concise information on measurement methods and references.
- Over 100 recognized computational methods to compute 120 properties, including glass melt viscosities calculations, for a broad range of components and concentrations.
- Over 1,500 optical spectra (UV to near IR) for glasses and melts with 90 different ways to represent spectra.
- Ternary property diagram, involving the automatic generation of iso-property lines versus composition and the comparison of calculated and experimental property values for ternary compositions.
- Statistical analysis tools that find the best computational method from least squares fit of calculated and experimental values to ensure that the best method can be applied to a particular glass composition.
- Query tool that allows the user to rapidly find property values for all types of glass and melt compositions or "pinpoint" a property for a specific glass composition.
- Approximately 2,100 international patents and 800 trademarks.
- Subject index to enable the exploration of specialized subjects.