Integrative Bioinformatics Web Application
The client had developed a web application that automates access to multiple relational in-house and external databases, can be mapped to any database, and provides users with a secure global access to their data as well as the ability to interact with them from anywhere in the world. The client required GGA to extend the capabilities for the existing software.
GGA continued the development of the web application and significantly improved and re-designed the system by:
- Fixing errors in the existing implementation.
- Modifying the structure of the databases used by the application.
- Adding connection to IBM DB2, MySQL, and MS SQL databases, as well as custom data sources.
- Adding custom SQL functionality to database queries.
- Adding SPARQL queries.
- Adding HTTPS functionality.
- Modifying UI for new features.
- Adding new web services to the application including molecular property calculations.
- Modifying user management, including logging via LDAP.
- Integrating Cellomics API.
- Adding multiple minor features to the application.
- Server: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008.
- Client: Windows XP SP2 (SP3), Windows Vista SP2.
- Browser: MS IE, Mozilla Firefox.
- Database: Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2005, MySQL, IBM DB2.
- Tools and environment: ASP.NET.
- Provides web-access through a browser to any relational database and the Integrative Informatics data store.
- Allows users to search, review, retrieve, audit, and access data and metadata information.
- Exports query results to Excel, text, html, XML or to Pathway Visualization System.
- Enables viewing data records and content on the desktop for analytical interactions with applications.