Ontology for Disease Area
The client required the development of an ontology system to describe a specified disease area.
GGA developed a custom ontology to describe the specified disease area with subject classes that included document, subject, substance, gene, effect, function, treatment, side effect, disease, and tissue.
- Relevant entities identified for each class
- Required relevant relationships defined between classes
- Annotation rules developed
- Software tools supporting manual annotation developed and implemented
- Over 1,000 articles annotated to substantiate the framework
- Prototype created to facilitate relationship-based queries