Physician Support Desk Knowledge Base
The client had a high-speed, ontology-based custom search engine implemented upon a large Microsoft SharePoint® library of documents that assists the customer support team in finding the relevant information while responding to questions from physicians in real time. The client requested the migration of the existing system to the 64-bit environment. The client also requested the implementation of a set of new features in order to improve the application's functionality.
GGA refactored the system code and enriched the system with new features (saved search, search history, keyword tree, MEDLINE/Google search, OCR recognition, etc.).
Usage and Loading
- Microsoft SharePoint® document library size: over 120,000 documents.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint® 2007.
- Microsoft SharePoint® 2007 full-text search.
- MEDLINE Search API.
- Google Search API.
- OCR recognition set of APIs.
- Supports four different types of search that are intended to help the user choose the optimal variant in order to generate the best search results. These search types are Simple Search, Advanced Search, Citation Matcher (Author Search), and Expert Search. All these searches can be combined with MEDLINE and Google Search.
- Supports wildcards and Boolean expressions in search conditions across all general metadata and individual metadata fields.
- Saves previous searches made across the system (history search).
- Saves any search in a collection of searches (saved search).
- Combines searches (history and saved) by Boolean expression to form a new complex search.
- Searches data across the keyword taxonomy tree.
- Displays the search results in a grid format that can be sorted by different parameters.
- Provides five different search result page options: Print, Email, Fax, Send to Basket, Export to XML, and Export to Word.
- Useful links feature.
- Announcements feature.
*SharePoint is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.